Saturday, January 19, 2008

Time Heals; It's Time To Move On

I haven't made a post for quite some time. Nearly 6 months to be exact. A great deal has happened since then. Let me see if I can list some of those things:
*Carlee and Kory have added cute little Maggie to their family
*I passed the four year mark of Carl's untimely death
*Christmas came and went
*I made two trips to Las Vegas to Visit Larry
*He made at least two trips here to visit me
*I spent New Years in Las Vegas and the first week in January in Hawaii
*And of course, I have made many visits to the new teachers that I mentor on a weekly basis

As I mentioned above, I have passed the four year mark of Carl's death. Four years ago I wondered what my life would be like living it alone for many years into the future. I was content to accept my lot in life of being without a spouse. After all, my children were very good to me, inviting me to dinner with them, visiting me on Sunday's and helping me with things I couldn't do myself. All of that is fine and good but in the last year, I began to realize that I had been missing a very important aspect of life--that of male companionship and more specifically, someone that knew exactly what I was going through.

I am very happy to announce that after just over a year of dating a wonderful man, Larry Pierce, we are going to be married in March. I have known Larry my entire life but it was after his wife passed away nearly two years ago that we began communicating through emails and then frequent visits. We have so much in common and get along beautifully. We have laughed so hard that tears were streaming down our faces, and we have shared some very solemn times as well. We have enjoyed so many really great times in the past year, one of which was a trip to Hawaii in January. It was there, sitting on the beach watching the waves and the sunset that Larry asked me to be his wife, and presented me with a beautiful ring. We are both very excited about this new chapter in our lives. Yes, there will be some adjustments to my life as well as that of my children. Larry and I will be living in Las Vegas a good share of the time since that is where he is employed. I (we) will still take every possible opportunity to return to Ogden to visit my children, grandchildren, mom and siblings.

I am pretty excited about this new part of my life. I have always thought it would be fun to live in another place and now I will have this opportunity for at least a few years. I know some of my children are a little concerned about about this adventure but I hope they will plan to visit me in Las Vegas when I am not back here in Ogden.
As I stated in the title of this blog, it is time to move on. Thank you Larry for giving me that opportunity!

4 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Wow, I had to do a double take to notice that you had written a blog post finally! Congrats to you and Larry!!! Hopefully we will be able to come visit you soon! Keep up the blogging. We like to read about what you're up to and what's on your mind.

Michelle said...

Now that you're moving you will need to update this more often. We are very excited for you and Larry and I'm glad you'll get to live outside of Utah for a while, I think everyone should at some point in their life.

Congrats on the impending marriage and all the good in your life right now and expect a visit from Jeff and I.

Anonymous said...

Did some one say ROAD TRIP to Vegas? Count me in!!!

Testing said...

Aloha Kay- found you through Michelle's blog. Fun to hear your updates. Lindsey Pierce