Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I've Been Tagged......

I suppose it is time to get started in this world of blogging. I was tagged by my son, Ryan, a couple of weeks ago and am just figuring out how to do this. Here goes.

Five Things You May Not Know About Me:

1. I love to travel. I have always liked to be on the go but lately I can't get enough of seeing this wonderful world we live in. Just this year I have been to New York, both Manhatten and upstate New York, and a cruise to the Carribean. I have a trip planned later this year to Scandinavia and maybe a few short trips as well.

2. I am pretty independent. I like doing things for myself. I don't usually complain to much when someone offers to help but I get satisfaction from seeing a job completed. I even enjoy cutting my lawn in the summer.

3. I am really lucky to have the family that I have. Five amazing children, their spouses and six (almost seven) beautiful grandchildren. I love to get their hugs each week. Oh, and I don't want to forget a wonderful mother and mother-in-law.

4. I have lived nearly my entire life in Ogden. Among those were four years in Washington Terrace, 17 years in North Ogden, and the last 11 years in Pleasant View. We spent one year in Logan while attending college.

5. Shopping acts as a "comfort pill" for me. When I am feeling down, I enjoy getting out and walking the mall just to window shop if nothing else. Unfortunaltely I usually find a bargain that I can't live without in the process.

There, that wasn't so bad. I hope you learned a little about me.

I tag........Spencer, Maddie, and Stacie. :)









6 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Mom,
That is a great first post. I look forward to hearing more from you. Just write often. :)

Michelle said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm still new to it too so we'll have to figure this out together. It was great reading your first blog and can't wait to hear more!

Lil'Bug said...

Good job...

Ryan said...

Good blog grandma. you reminded me that I need to write one. It has been weeks.

Michelle said...

Hi Kay! I hope to find many funny and heart-warming stories about Carlee on here. :-)

Anonymous said...

I like beer. Goodbye