Friday, August 29, 2008

Summer's coming to an end...

As usual, I have kept very busy this past month. I took a trip to Ogden to attend workshops for my part time job mentoring new teachers in the district. I may be a little crazy but I really enjoy the interaction with those teachers who are just starting their careers. I remember how frustrating it was for me when I first started teaching so anything I can do to ease their lives a little should be a good thing. I met with all six of the teachers I have been given this year and will meet with them each month when I am back in Ogden. This will give me an opportunity to visit my family while there too.
On a different note, I have finished yet another of my many projects in our house in Vegas. I made valances for the family room windows and updated the fireplace decor. I was pleased with how they turned out. Here are some pictures.


Now, on to the next project. I think painting a bedroom in on the docket since we started taking down the wallpaper border yesterday. Thanks Larry for allowing me to keep working on things in the house. I have to have something to work on.

3 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Looks good mom!

Michelle said...

Looks great Kay. I love the color the valances add to the room!!

Michelle said...

The valences look awesome mom! What I wouldn't give to have some of your talent and patience for stuff like that!